Okken switchboard system is our main solution for large industrial and tertiary sites projects, being in the same time one of the most competitive LV switchboard system solution on the market today.
We manufacture Okken boards, based on a license agreement (since 2002) with the well-known market leader Schneider Electric, the Original Manufacturer of the system.
EUROSIC designed, produced and installed more than 3000 Okken cubicles on four continents (North America, Europe, Africa and Middle East).
On every market, Okken LV switchboard answers the need for superior operational safety and reliability in today and future high-performance LV power installations. Outstanding versatility and durability combine with compact footprint and modular architecture.
The Okken switchboard system is fully type tested and certified to IEC 61439 (Part 1 & 2).
Please find below a few arguments that made Okken a preferred solution:
- Safe on-load operation and maintenance could be performed by advanced interlocking means and various safety devices.
- The customer field connections are separated from the functional units (up to Form 4b).
- The connection between the functional unit (moving part) and the busbar of the column is realized by an innovative intermediary clamp that prevent the wear of the copper busbar, increasing in the same time the contact force.
- All components and devices are designed by Schneider Electric ensuring full compatibility between the switchboard elements and built-in devices.
- All configurations are tested under different IP and temperature conditions. De-rating tables are available upon request.
Superior short-circuit and internal arc withstand
- Inherent internal arc protection up to 100kA / 0,5s, fully tested to IEC TR 61641.
- Rated short-time withstand up to 150kA / 1s
- Arc-free zone in the whole switchboard: incomer, horizontal busbar, vertical busbar, functional unit and cable compartment.
- Reduced risk of arc occurring thanks to the use of PolyfastTM innovative system.
Harsh operating environment withstand
- DEP Shell approved for Oil & Gas applications.
- DNV and RINA certified for marine and off-shore high vibration / saline environment.
- SO2 and H2S aggressive atmosphere resistance (option).
- Various levels of ingress protection (IP) from IP30 to IP54 to meet the requirements of all type of industrial process.
Durability in seismic areas
- 2.7G version guaranteeing the continuity of service in earthquake conditions (option).
- 5G version specifically engineered for high-safety nuclear power industry requirements.
- Intelligent and smart grid ready with iPMCC by Okken (information available upon request).
- Electrical distribution up to 7300A.
- Power control up to 6300A (PCC applications).
- Motor control up to 250kW (MCC applications). Superior ratings by special design.
- Variable speed drives (VSD) and motor soft-starters with pre-calculated conditions of temperature rise limits.
- Power factor correction (PFC) and harmonic filtering with standard pre-equipped modular solutions.
- iPMCC (Intelligent Power and Motor Control Center) by Okken: smart advanced solution for protection, fault prevention and automatic restart, controlled by intelligent relays and PLCs.
- Seamless integration with Energy Management and Control Systems (EMCS) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS) realized by the combination of intelligent circuit breakers and communication devices in various network configurations. The devices are installed according to Okken network documented practice (information available on request).
Profitability in long term
- Okken busbar system is maintenance free thanks to its specific design.
- Upgrading and repairing are made easy, without loss of operation time.
- Optimized maintenance by the use of a reduced number of replacement parts. Preventive maintenance procedures fully documented.
- Okken switchboard has a small footprint comparing with the market competitors’ solutions.
- Materials and components are easy to recycle.
For more detailed information, please contact EUROSIC technical staff.